Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pastimes of Priyā-Priyatama in Nidhuvan


One morning Priyā-Priyatama were sleeping in Nidhuvan surrounded by their dear sakhīs, when suddenly Rādhārāṇī woke up crying. Rādhārāṇī said to Śyāmasundar, “O Prāṇanāth! Wake up! I have had the most amazing dream.

“I dreamt I saw a fair youth with a body bright as gold. I have never seen anyone like him. In a battle of beauty, his gorgeous figure would conquer a legion of kāmadevas. He was full of sweetest joy, the prince of bliss (rasarāja).

“His tender golden body was ornamented with bliss-jewels like shivering, horripolation and tears as he sang and danced in madness. Seeing his incomparable form, the home of all loveliness and radiance, my eyes were soothed and my heart was spellbound.”

Rādhārāṇī anxiously cried, “O Prāṇa-Bandhu! Why does my mind yearn so much for this other boy? From the day I was born until today I have known nothing in waking, dreams or deep sleep but your beautiful body, dark as a monsoon cloud ready to rain, a deep well brimming with rasa. Why now this strange reversal? In my life here in Vṛndāvan I have seen men and devatas, sylvan sprites and even Narāyaṇa himself. Seeing them never satisfied my mind, but this Gaurāṅga has stolen my heart!”


As she spoke Rādhārāṇī fell into a deep swoon. Then rasika-nāgara Śrī Kṛṣṇa embraced Rādhārāṇī and kissed her again and again (as the poet Jagadānanda watches in delight).

3 comments:

  1. The above pastime of Radha Rani and Shree Krishna is divine and beyond our mayic intellect. I really thank Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj for availabling us with such a Spiritual Leela.

    Jai shree Radhey !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even our Radha-Krishn don't know how much delightful they are...how beautiful they are...
    so they get mesmerized seeing themselves in mirror...
    Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was non-other but Radha Rani herself to distribute the divine nector of love to the souls burning in flames of maya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. waw... very nice.. maharaj ji is non other then

    ReplyDelete